Over the last 6 years around 600 riders of the C.O.C.C. of Monaco have taken part in their annual St Tropez to Monaco charity bike ride. The funds raised from this event have been donated to the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation to help in the development and growth of the awareness program on water safety and the risks of drowning and to help children to swim. A frightening statistic is that drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury/death worldwide accounting for 7% of all injury related deaths..
- There are an estimated 372 000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.
- Global estimates may significantly underestimate the actual public health problem related to drowning.
- Children, males and individuals with increased access to water are most at risk of drowning.
Several programs are now up and running and these can be seen on the foundation’s website - http://fondationprincessecharlene.mc
What We've Achieved In SUPPORT OF THE FOUNDATION
- 6 OFFICIAL COCC RIDES SO FAR
- FROM 39 RIDERS IN YEAR 1 TO 150 BY YEAR 4
- OVER 600 PARTICIPANTS TO DATE
- OVER €600,000 RAISED