“At the invitation of HSH Prince Albert, The Premier of the Cayman Islands and I took
part in the annual Champagne & Oyster Cycle Club charity ride earlier this year, in aid of
the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation. This was a fantastic experience and gave
us inspiration to create our own charity ride in Monaco at the annual Monaco Yacht show.
The Cayman Islands and Monaco share so many similarities - our aim is to encourage riders
of all levels to take part and to raise as much money as possible for the Prince Albert
II of Monaco Foundation, in support of the amazing work it does for our planet and the
- Eric Bush, Chief Officer, Ministry of International Trade, Investment, Aviation, & Maritime Affairs, Cayman Islands Government
The 2019 route will begin at Stars ‘N’ Bars in Monaco Port, before heading out along
the beautiful coastline to the town of Menton. Riders will then head back to the
principality and finish with a Champagne reception in a location to be confirmed.
We invite participants of all ages and abilities to take part - the route has been chosen because
of the relatively easy terrain, although there will be an optional hill climb for the more
experienced riders. Single riders or large groups are equally welcome to take part.
Your guides for the day will be the husband and wife team of Veronica and Gustav Larsson.
The ex-professional riders are experienced in operating cycling tours throughout the
region and know the local roads as well as anyone.
Different groups, dependant on ability, will be formed at registration, meaning that everyone
can enjoy the ride at their own comfortable pace. The estimated total distance for the ride is 24
km which should take between 1 and 2 hours.
• A full itinerary is available on request
• Applications close on 03/09/19
• All applicants need to be fit and healthy to participate in the ride
• 100% of money raised will go to The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
• Jersey sponsorship available from €2,000
• Each rider will receive a complimentary jersey
• Huge Media coverage
• Strong Social Media exposure
• The ride is free to take part in, meaning participant numbers
will be high
• Celebrity riders in attendance, including local professional
cyclists and legends of Formula One, such as Eddie Jordan
• The ride coincides with Monaco Yacht Show, a luxury event
that attracts over 580 exhibiting companies.
PLEASE CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
Red Eye Events
+44 (0)207 078 0299